American Chess Magazine Issue 7
Sam Shankland is Captain America
The American Chess Magazine brings you 156 colorful pages, packed with amazing chess material, ranging from world class play to local and state news and games. Instructive and entertaining games from recent events are presented with outstanding annotations, while special attention is given to overviews of latest trends in the openings, and explanations of practical endgame techniques.
- SAM SHANKLAND ANNOTATES HIS GAMES FROM US CHAMPIONSHIP
GM Sam Shankland
- Play it Smart: TO SEAL THE TITLE, GO FOR THE EXCHANGE CARO-KANN!
GM Robert Hungaski
- Fabiano Caruana: PLAY THE BOARD, NOT THE OPPONENT!
GM John Burke
- Wesley So: NO THRILLS NO SPILLS FOR SO-SO-SOLID WESLEY!
GM Michael Rohde
- Hikaru Nakamura: SLOW START, MISSED OPPORTUNITIES
GM John Fedorowicz
- 15-year-old girl displays sensational maturity in her first US Championship: A STAR IS BORN
WIM Annie Wang
- Grenke Chess Classic: BLACK IS STILL OK!
GM Mackenzie Molner
- Chess Improvement with Susan Polgar: WARM-UP: CARLSEN-CARUANA
GM Susan Polgar
- Chucky’s Squares: THE CHIVALROUS KNIGHT
GM Vassily Ivanchuk