CHESS Magazine - April 2017
Grischuk Wins Sharjah FIDE Grand Prix
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- Unambitious Beginnings - The action from the opening leg of the FIDE Grand Prix in Sharjah
- Learning from Dima - Determined to improve, Carl Strugnell employed Dmitri Svetushkin
- Beer & Blitz - The Kings Head hosted another rather strong blitz tournament
- Saunders on Chess - John enjoyed his contrasting trips to the Kings Head and RAC Club
- Opening Trends - More success for the Reti and also the Caro-Kann
- The Brits Rock! - Some fine attacking play from the British players at Gibraltar
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the players at Wijk and the 4NCL?
- Illegal Moves - More useful advice from International Arbiter Alex Holowczak
- Taxi! - John Henderson shares tales of cab-driving chess players
- Know the Rules - Bill Forster has some handy advice for the tournament player
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.