CHESS Magazine - August 2016
SPEED DEMON - Magnus Carlsen comes out on top at the Grand Chess Tour's Rapid and Blitz in Leuven
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- Speed Demons - The key action from the opening two legs of the 2016 GCT
- A Tempo for your Thoughts - Junior Tay muses over some unusual first moves
- Chess in Paradise - Jose Luis Vilela reports from the Capablanca Memorial
- Rain, Sangria and Granda star in Mallorca - Carl Strugnell enjoyed playing chess in the Balearics
- The Spirit of ‘66 - John Henderson recalls not Wembley and 1966, but 1866!
- Dealing with the Englund - Matt Lunn analyses and explains how to counter this gambit
- A Glut of Endgames - John Cox continues his tour of some fascinating endings
- The County Championships - Controller Andrew Zigmond explains all about the competition
- Amazing Chess Moves - Amatzia Avni reveals some stunning moves from recent studies
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.