CHESS Magazine - August 2017Magnus Carlsen tops the Grand Chess Tour standings but a poor performance in Norway sees his world number 1 spot in jeopardy!
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- Scintillating Sasi! - Krishnan Sasikiran surpassed Vassily Ivanchuk in Cuba
- Awesome Aronian, Carlsen Crumbles - Levon Aronian’s fine form continued in Norway
- A Return to Kos - David Gilbert enjoyed his time at the ACO World Championships
- Rising Stars - Daniel Fernandez and Ravi Haria annotate their best 4NCL games
- The Grand Chess Tour in Pictures - The opening events in Paris and Leuven certainly caught the eye
- Daniel Fernandez - Junior Tay caught up with the rising star after his third GM norm
- Introducing... Hector Shoosmith - John Saunders on the tragic life of an early British chess pro
- Azerbaijani GMs Make Their Mark in Iraq - Robert Cole of the AMAR Charitable Foundation explains
- When Extra is Less - Steve Giddins shows why an extra tempo is not always useful
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.