CHESS Magazine - February 2016
ICE COLD CARLSEN
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- A Dramatic Knockout - An ice-calm David Howell triumphed in the British Knockout
- Luke on Fire - Luke McShane racked up no less than 9½/10 in the Super Rapid
- Defeat, Despair, Dejection - Danny Gormally reports on a tough Hastings for the home players
- Christmas Quiz Solutions - It was fiendishly tough, but how did you fare?
- Classic Carlsen - Magnus left it right until the last minute to win the Classic
- The Hidden Classic - Jonathan Bryant explains what really happens each day at Olympia
- Behind the Scenes - Shamir Allibhai on directing two films about chess
- Douglas Morton Horne - Matthew Lunn pays tribute to the late England International
- Opening Trends - The Reti Opening dominated 2015, but didn’t shine in Qatar
- Penrose’s Rivals: Part V - John Saunders concludes his series with a look at 1968 and 1969
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.