CHESS Magazine - January 2017
Carlsen Cuts it Close!
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- The Play-off - After Carlsen’s fightback, the big match came down to rapid chess
- Again to Leeds! - Andrew Smith enjoyed his return to the British Rapidplay
- Millionaire Chess - Steve Barrett reports from Atlantic City, home of MC3
- The Christmas Quiz - Charles Higgie has 12 fiendishly difficult festive puzzles
- Santa Monica is Coming to Town! - John Henderson remembers the second Piatigorsky Cup
- Are You Sitting Comfortably? - Amatzia Avni shares some of his favourite chess stories
- Running Out of Theory: Part 2 - Matthew Lunn continues to draw some important lessons
- Saunders on Chess - John reflects on New York and looks forward to Gibraltar
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.