CHESS Magazine - March 2016
Hikaru Nakamura gets there in the end at Gibraltar
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- Blunders and Brilliancies in Wijk aan Zee - Yochanan Afek reports from the small Dutch coastal town
- 4NCL Round-Up - All the action from the first 6 rounds of the UK’s premier chess league
- A Truly Open Tournament - Matthew Lunn on arguably the Open of the year, Gibraltar
- Michael J. Basman: National Treasure - As Mike prepares to turn 70, John Henderson pays tribute
- Chess & Murder - Rex Makin remembers the two going hand in hand in Liverpool
- Will the Record be Broken? - Two rare Victorian chess sets are currently for sale
- The Fork in the Road - Bob Jones examines the issue: chess or a proper job?
- The Grace of Alekhine - Dr Leonard Skinner reveals more about Alekhine’s fourth wife
- Storm Danny hits Hebden Bridge - Dave Shapland reports on a special fund-raising simul
- Saunders on Chess - John reflects on the success of the Gibraltar Chess Festival
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.