In chess, braving the gap often leads to disaster after a few moves. We should be able to avoid things going so far. The ChessBase Opening Encyclopaedia offers you an effective remedy against all sorts of semi-digested knowledge and a means of building up a comprehensive and powerful repertoire.
Well informed: many renowned specialists in their own area of expertise have contributed to this Chess Base Opening Encyclopaedia, e.g. Avrukh, Berg, Gormally, Krasenkow, Kritz, Kuzmin, Marin, Moskalenko, Postny, Ribli, Rogozenko, Stohl, Sumets and Szabo.
Unique: club players regularly find in ChessBase Magazine’s up-to-date openings articles (introductory text + annotated games) exciting ideas for their repertoire. You can now find brought together on this single DVD all 1004 articles from over 16 years of ChessBase Magazine (up to and including the February 2017 issue)!
Inexhaustible: database with over 5.9 million, more than 85 000 games are annotated.
- over 5.9 million games, all featuring ECO codes
- more than 85 000 of them annotated
- 6250 opening surveys, many of which have been brought up to date
- access to the games via the large opening key
- 1004 specialised theory databases
- large opening book of all the games to give you a quick overview and statistics
- the ChessBase Reader 2013 for access to the whole content of the DVD
System requirements: Pentium PC, 32 MB RAM, Windows 10, 8 or 7 and Fritz 13, 14, 15
or ChessBase 14, 13 or 12 and DVD drive.