CHESS Magazine - April 2019
Gold & Silver: Luke McShane helps England to a Silver medal and picks up Gold on board 2
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess?
by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess
, Find the Winning Moves
, Never Mind the Grandmasters...
, Home & Overseas News
, Forthcoming Events Calendar
and Book Reviews
In this issue:
- Editorial - Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with...Blair Connell - The Guildford-based player is a big fan of the Jobava London System
- Gunina Shines - The Russians dominated the inaugural Cairns Cup in St. Louis
- How Good is Your Chess? - Daniel King presents a brave and brutal mating attack
- Forthcoming Events - Will you be playing somewhere over Easter?
- Not as Solid as a Rock - More excitement and instruction from Gibraltar
- The Path to the Top - News of who qualified for the Championship Pool in the 4NCL
- The Rise of the Machine - Deep Learning expert Kanwal Bhatia enjoyed two new books
- Fifty Years Ago - Ben Graff looks back to 1969 and Petrosian vs Spassky
- James Sherwin - John Stubbs and Chris Beaumont met up with the American legend
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the players at the 4NCL and on the Rock?
- Never Mind the Grandmasters... - Carl Portman’s autobiography would be called ‘My Greatest Mistakes’
- Readers’ Letters - Your thoughts on newspaper columns and The Grandmaster
- How Chess Ideas Evolve - Amatzia Avni charts the journey of a couple of his creations
- Overseas News - 62nd seed Kaido Kulaots won the ever strong Aeroflot Open
- Young Stars Shine - Bob Jones reports from Exeter as Shreyas Royal annotates
- Home News - Success for Arkell, Hebden, McPhillips and Imperial College
- This Month’s New Releases - Sean Marsh enjoyed Michal Krasenkow’s best games collection
- Saunders on Chess - John remembers when MCO was the definite opening tome