CHESS Magazine - December 2018
King of the Manx - Radoslaw Wojtaszek
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess?
by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess
, Find the Winning Moves
, Never Mind the Grandmasters...
, Home & Overseas News
, Forthcoming Events Calendar
and Book Reviews
In this issue:
- 60 Seconds with...Thomas Engqvist - The Swedish author and IM twice enjoyed playing David Bronstein
- Battling with the Best - Andrew Ledger reports from the European Club Cup in Greece
- Mr & Mrs Monopolise the Manx Money - The Isle of Man attracted a stellar field, watched by John Saunders
- Brilliancies in Batumi - Ding Liren and Sarunas Sulskis both won in style at the Olympiad
- The Welsh Ordeal - Carl Strugnell reports as much on the Kobuleti Olympiad as Batumi
- The 300 Most Important Chess Positions - Thomas Engqvist presents three and you can win his new book
- Christmas Stocking Fillers - Uncertain what you want for Christmas? Sean Marsh has some tips
- Never Mind the Grandmasters... - Carl features a game won and annotated by Jovanka Houska
- How Good is Your Chess? - Daniel King thought Poland were the hard luck story of the Olympiad
- Opening Trends - Lines of the English remain popular, as shown by Aronian-Duda
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the players at the 4NCL International?
- Still Going Strong - Sarah and Alex Longson reflect on running the UK Chess Challenge
- Overseas News - Mike Basman took on a fellow chess legend in Haarlem
- Home News - Matthew Turner and Simon Williams qualified for the British KO
- Sean Marsh looks at new books on the Trompowsky and QGD
- Saunders on Chess - John on what a chess player really shouldn’t say, but sometimes does
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.