CHESS Magazine - February 2019
Speed Demon - Hikaru Nakamura wins the London Chess Classic and 2018 Grand Chess Tour in final blitz game following draw epidemic
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess?
by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess
, Find the Winning Moves
, Never Mind the Grandmasters...
, Home & Overseas News
, Forthcoming Events Calendar
and Book Reviews
In this issue:
- 60 Seconds with...Chris Skulte - The captain of Celtic Tigers in the 4NCL certainly likes his chess
- Wars and Draws - A new format was trialled at the London Chess Classic
- Is Hastings Dying? - So pondered Danny Gormally after sharing first place there
- How Good is Your Chess? - Daniel King was very impressed by the AlphaZero vs Stockfish match
- Modern Chess: Part Two - Milos Pavlovic discusses the impact engines are having
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the players at the Classic and Hastings?
- Never Mind the Grandmasters... - Carl Portman is fed up with the amount of clutter around the board
- The Life and Death of Grandmaster Blimp - Tim Wall reflects on a recent book on the Carlsen-Caruana match
- Dangerous Moments - Amatzia Avni on the theme embarras de richesses
- Christmas Quiz - All the answers to last month’s tricky questions and puzzles
- Studies with Stephenson - Brian presents an award-winning study by Oleg Pervakov
- A Fishy Tale - An novel attempt to create a rival to AlphaZero, by J. Corfield
- Hampstead Congress Comes of Age - Adam Raoof has been delighted by junior success at his events
- Overseas News - Daniil Dubov & Magnus Carlsen are the World Rapid & Blitz Champions
- Three-Way Go - It’s no surprise which teams are on 4/4 in the 4NCL
- Home News - The latest results and a tribute to popular FM Steve Berry
- Sean Marsh reviews Carsten Hensel’s work on Vladimir Kramnik
- Saunders on Chess - John remains dedicated to furthering his chess education
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.