CHESS Magazine - July 2018
Fabiano Caruana Triumphs in Norway | Sam Shankland's Winning Run Continues
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess?
by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess
, Find the Winning Moves
, Never Mind the Grandmasters...
, Home & Overseas News
, Forthcoming Events Calendar
and Book Reviews
In this issue:
- Editorial - Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with...Macauley Peterson - We catch up with the Editor in Chief of ChessBase
- A Nail-Biting Finish - It was all very close, but Caruana triumphed late on in Norway
- Everything Else! - Jonathan Rogers continues his coverage of the 4NCL season
- 56 Years in the Making - Jose Vilela saw history being made at the Capablanca Memorial
- How Good is Your Chess? - Daniel King looks at a key battle from the U.S. Championship
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the players at the 4NCL and in St. Louis?
- Saunders on Chess - John muses upon chess and bridge while aboard a cruise
- Edinburgh Expedition - Sean Marsh ventured north to help CSC spread its wings
- Don’t Let the King Get in the Way! - Steve Giddins likes a quiet, subtle king move
- Finishing the Job - Eric Kislik will help to improve your direct attacking play
- Harry the h-pawn’s Positional Justification - An early ...h5 can be good prophylaxis, as Junior Tay demonstrates
- Forthcoming Events - Will you be at the British or Scottish Chess Championships?
- Studies with Stephenson - Brian has the starter position for the 2018-2019 WBCSC
- Never Mind the Grandmasters... - Carl Portman enjoyed a memorable win by Richard Myers
- 4NCL: Division Two - Jonathan Rogers concludes his coverage of the 4NCL
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.