CHESS Magazine - March 2019
Art Attack - Vladislav Artemiev shocks on the Rock
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess?
by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess
, Find the Winning Moves
, Never Mind the Grandmasters...
, Home & Overseas News
, Forthcoming Events Calendar
and Book Reviews
In this issue:
- Editorial - Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with...Vladislav Artemiev - The winner of Gibraltar is a big fan of boxing and its greats
- The Magnus-ficent Seven - Carlsen won as Kramnik retired at Wijk, watched by Yochanan Afek
- How Good is Your Chess? - Daniel King presents a crushing win by the world champion
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the players at the 4NCL?
- Quality Training - IM John Pigott reports from the Quality Chess Training Academy
- Rock Solid - The stars again descended on Gibraltar, but Artemiev was too strong
- The End of an Era - Vladimir Kramnik has unfortunately played his last classical game
- The New Wizard - Matthew Sadler and Natasha Regan on their experience of AlphaZero
- Attack and Combine: Kurt Richter - Craig Pritchett on a new McFarland work and a fine attacking player
- The Captain and the Chess Legend - Bob Jones on archaeology, Captain Flinders and Philidor
- Studies with Stephenson - Brian reports on this year’s International Solving Contest
- Never Mind the Grandmasters... - Carl Portman enjoyed watching a brutal win by Jake Hurley
- The Future of Chess in Education - Sean Marsh enjoyed the sixth London Chess Conference
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.