CHESS Magazine - October 2018
Introducing the Fantastic Four coming to London this December
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess?
by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess
, Find the Winning Moves
, Never Mind the Grandmasters...
, Home & Overseas News
, Forthcoming Events Calendar
and Book Reviews
In this issue:
- Super Shak - It was world no.3 Mamedyarov who stole the show at Biel
- How Good is Your Chess? - Daniel King looks at the recent rise of Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
- Chess at the Top - James Plaskett reports from the World Senior Team Championship
- All Hail the Speed King! - Hikaru Nakamura triumphed at the St. Louis Rapid and Blitz
- All Change - The GCT leaderboard was shaken up by the Sinquefield Cup
- Modern Chess - Milos Pavlovic presents two fine examples of it from the British
- A Warm Hullo - Stephen Greep reports on the social element at this year’s British
- Never Mind the Grandmasters... - Carl certainly found it far from dull in Hull, on and off the board
- The Man in the Middle - Remains a most essential part of any game, as Alan Burke explains
- Find the Winning Moves - Some tricky positions to solve to warm you up for the new season
- Myths & Legends - Charles Higgie revisits that Capablanca-Marshall encounter
- Forthcoming Events - Where will you be playing this October?
- Fun in Gent - Like many Brits, Tim Kett enjoyed visiting the Gent Festival
- Overseas News - Matthew Turner missed out in Bruges, but triumphed in Prague
- Home News - Kanwal Bhatia and Ingrid Lauterback shared the English Women’s title
- Saunders on Chess - John looks forward to some big chess events in the British Isles
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.