CHESS Magazine - October 2019
All hail to King Ding - Ding Liren defeats Magnus Carlsen in Blitz tie-breaker
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess?
by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess
, Find the Winning Moves
, Never Mind the Grandmasters...
, Home & Overseas News
, Forthcoming Events Calendar
and Book Reviews
In this issue:
Click here to download a free PDF preview of this issue
- Editorial - Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with...David Kramaley - We catch up with the founder of Chessable
- Drama & Burnout - Magnus Carlsen struggled as the GCT arrived in St. Louis
- It’s Chess Jim, but not as we know it - Matthew Sadler enjoyed the variety of chess on offer at the MSO
- Playing Silly Buggers - After a wild encounter, James Plaskett lost an endgame he knew
- To Hull and Back - Sean Marsh was impressed by the English Women’s Championship
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the GCT players and those in Torquay?
- Remembering Benko - Matthew Read pays tribute to the Hungarian great Pal Benko
- “It Starts with Hello” - Ben Graff sees how the 64 squares can bring people together
- Chess on the Net - Let Danny Rosenbaum be your guide to chess on YouTube and Twitch
- You’ve been Beckered! - Geoff Chandler imagines what might happen if moves were copyright
- How Good is Your Chess? - Daniel King on the Grand Chess Tour and the rise of Yu Yangyi
- Never Mind the Grandmasters... - Carl Portman could hardly believe who he got to play in Chartres
- You Never Know - Bob Jones reports from Paignton where a record was possibly set
- Pula Stars - Matthew Lunn reports back from his busman’s holiday in Croatia
- Overseas News - Evgeny Tomashevsky and Olga Girya are the Russian Champions
- Home News - Who has qualified for the final of the UK Open Blitz Championship?
- This Month’s New Releases - James Vigus very much enjoyed Quality Chess’ latest offering
- Saunders on Chess - John discovers that a book has been written on just final round games
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.