CHESS Magazine - September 2018
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess?
by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess
, Find the Winning Moves
, Never Mind the Grandmasters...
, Home & Overseas News
, Forthcoming Events Calendar
and Book Reviews
In this issue:
- Fantasy and Freedom - Danny Gormally felt inspired as he headed north to the Scottish
- A Successful Summer for Nepo - It wasn’t Kramnik, but Nepomniachtchi who won in Dortmund
- A Roaring Success - More than 700 players descended on Hull for the British
- A Long Journey - Michael Adams explains how he battled hard to a sixth British title
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the players at the British and the Scottish?
- The Best Game - Luke McShane analyses his pretty last-round victory in Hull
- To Hull and Back - A view from beyond the main event at the British, by Ben Graff
- Hull’s Hidden Heroes - Bob Jones on the many great 19th Century players from Hull
- Never Mind the Grandmasters - Carl ponders the number of weekend tournaments these days
- Forthcoming Events - Where will you be warming up for the new season?
- Humans and Chess Software - The emotional side of the story, by Amatzia Avni
- How Good is Your Chess? - Inspired by a new book, Daniel King looks at a classic Geller victory
- Don’t be a Kotov Clone - A Postscript - Steve Giddins discovered more instructive cases of opposite castling
- My Favourite Games - Busy chess coach David Levens shares some instructive games
- Saunders on Chess - John enjoyed the British Championship and Shreyas Royal news
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.