CHESS Magazine - July 2019
The Whisky Immortal
Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess?
by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess
, Find the Winning Moves
, Never Mind the Grandmasters...
, Home & Overseas News
, Forthcoming Events Calendar
and Book Reviews
In this issue:
Click here to download a free PDF preview of this issue
- Editorial - Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with...Danny Rosenbaum - We catch up with the ECF’s new Social Media Manager
- In Seventh Heaven - Magnus Carlsen destroyed a top-class field and on home soil no less
- Guildford: The Inside Story - Roger Emerson explains what makes his 4NCL star team tick so well
- An Elite Test - Matthew Sadler enjoyed the challenge of facing Richard Rapport
- The 4NCL Round-Up - Guildford’s only defeat and news on who went down
- It’s a Knockout! - Nepomniachtchi won as the FIDE Grand Prix had a makeover
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the players at the 4NCL?
- Twa Pairs of Thabills wt thair Men - Craig Pritchett reports from a very strong event at Lindores Abbey
- How to Celebrate Your Club Centenary - Phil Crocker explains how Chester marked 100 years as a chess club
- A Magnus Masterclass - Jonathan Speelman examines Carlsen’s magical endgame play
- How Good is Your Chess? - Daniel King examines a remarkable encounter from Moscow
- Never Mind the Grandmasters... - Carl enjoyed an evening of chess with two local FMs
- Tragedy on Board - Amatzia Avni demonstrates some striking chess tragedies
- Overseas News - Gawain Jones has remained very busy around the world
- Home News - The latest results and news of the upcoming Mind Sports Olympiad
- This Month’s New Releases - Sean Marsh examines Cyrus Lakdawala’s latest detailed effort
- Saunders on Chess - John takes a detailed look at the Armageddon results from Norway
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT
| CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.