The Benoni is Back in Business by Rustam Kasimdzhanov (PC-DVD)
The Benoni is characterised by the moves 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 c5 3.d5 e6 and is a popular opening weapon amongst club players. On top level it’s a rarer guest but with this DVD Rustam Kasimdzhanov, opening expert and second and coach of Fabiano Caruana, will turn the tables. New ways and approaches in most lines and countless improvements of official theory will show you how to play this opening at any level with success. His preferred move order into the Benoni arises through 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 c5 which complements his already published DVD on the Nimzoindian (1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4). The variations of the original Benoni are reached through move order transposition.
Kasimdzhanov goes into extreme detail, showing that the Benoni is a reliable opening that often leads to truly fascinating positions. Players of all levels will enhance their knowledge of the opening and their general understanding of dynamic positions. Moreover, you’ll be able to practice the lines shown in the Opening Trainer and you can play key positions to improve your understanding of typical structures and patterns of the Benoni.
- Video running time: 5 hours 45 min (English)
- With interactive training including video feedback
- Extra: Database with model games
- Bonus: Further Training chapter with repertoire and play features
- Born in 1979, the grandmaster from Uzbekistan has for many years been known as a very strong and imaginative player. However in 2004 Rustam Kasimdzhanov (pronounced “Kah-zeem-jha-nov”) shocked the chess world by winning the FIDE world chess championship title, beating a string of world-class players like Ivanchuk, Grischuk, Topalov and Adams in the process. Kasimdzhanov is a very deep player, who is able to explain chess ideas in an eloquent, lucid style, with a fine touch of humour. His lessons are both entertaining and instructive – perfect for students who seek to avoid “dry” theory. Kazimdzhanov was a second to Vishy Anand in three world championship matches and he is the second and trainer of Fabiano Caruana.
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows 7, DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and internet connection for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 / 8 or 10, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB
RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVDROM drive and internet connection for program activation.EAN: 9 783866 817623, Chessbase Fritz Trainer DVD